The show would not be possible without the help of our enthusiastic team. Our team members have volunteered their time and talent to make the show relevant and timely. Thanks to them, The Law Your Money and You has expanded into more than a dozen surrounding towns, reaching more than a hundred thousand viewers.
If you are seeking an opportunity to learn the ins and outs of producing and working on a local cable TV program, we would like to meet you! You may wish to take advantage of our unpaid internship opportunities.
Here are some of the ways our volunteers help us:
- Researching and tracking media reports
- Writing press materials
- Pitching media and using social media platforms
- Working events
- Coordinating event production and paperwork
- Administrative duties including data entry and filing
- Understand and be an active participant in leading social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, among others.
- Knowledge of WordPress and ability to help develop and maintain website and blog content.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to balance, multi-task, and prioritize requests and still meet deadlines.
- Strong interest in publicity and communications.
Meet one of our Team Members:
Megan Mercier of Sharon is a government major from Dartmouth College with an interest in politics. Between working on the show and applying to law school, she is also a member of the Sharon Rotary and the Rotary E-Club of New England. She enjoys reading, volunteering with the Red Cross, and working on “The Law, Your Money and YOU!”.